We are a rapidly growing legal technology company located in the Chicago loop. Our software is a powerful document, email, and matter management engine, enabling small law firms to quickly and accurately collaborate and execute their work.
Our Chicago-based team helps turn Smokeball into much more than terrific software – it becomes a force that drives positive change for our clients’ business. Successful clients don’t just use the product, they see value in how it helps them run their day, run their business and exceed their goals.
Which is where you come in
We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious Business Development Representatives to join our team. Smokeball has quickly expanded into the Chicago market, selling to law firms between 1-15 employees, and now it’s time to expand our reach. With over 100,000 law firms across the US meeting this criteria, opportunity for growth and earning potential is unlimited.
If you have been eagerly waiting to join a fast-paced technology company and want to grow roots in an industry that offers boundless potential, Smokeball is the opportunity you’ve been after.
Your opportunity for growth has never been better.
The legal marketplace is one of the few remaining technology frontiers. Historically, small law firms have been slow to adopt technology and their options have been limited. At Smokeball, we have the unique opportunity to offer a solution that was built for their needs by a team that understands the operations and goals of small law firms everywhere.
If you are ready to take on an exciting new role, are passionate about technology and want to be part of the legal technology revolution, we can’t wait to hear from you.
What we expect from our Business Development Representative:
We’re looking for a proactive, organized, relationship-minded person who will be responsible for lead generation/qualification as well as securing and scheduling sales demonstrations of Smokeball software with qualified prospects.
This role is responsible for contacting small law firms using a variety of tools, primarily a phone and email. While we do provide ample marketing and events for lead generation, we want self-starters who are driven to help bring in new outbound business for the Sales Team. Along the way you will have the support of the Management Team and your colleagues, all focused on enabling you to succeed and exceed our sales goals.
Over the course of a week, your duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Generate qualified leads through prospecting
- Schedule new business appointments with qualified leads primarily using the phone
- Responsible for following a cadence, while managing 200+ firms at a time
- Be responsive to the prospects’ needs and follow through, in a timely matter, both in writing and verbally
- Work closely with the Sales Executives and Management to define target clients and strategize to meet sales goals
- As requested by management attend events, such as trade shows and conferences, with marketing team for both educational and customer acquisition purposes
- Laugh and learn every day with your Smokeball teammates
While law firm experience is not a requirement, being able to speak the language of small law firms is desired. If you have personal or family experience working in the legal field, please feel free to reference in your responses.
Please respond to the following questions:
- In 25 words or less, explain why you are a good fit for this position?
- What is your experience with making cold calls? Whether you have experience making cold calls, why do you feel you would be comfortable making cold calls?
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- 0-2 years of lead generation/appointment setting experience
- Strong background in cold calling and prospecting
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work within a structured sales process
- Prior experience with web-based CRM systems such as Salesforce
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A proactive nature, always looking to find solutions to problems
- Patience and integrity approaching each situation and an unrelenting need to provide great client experiences
Our Business Development Representative position is a full-time position and is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions listed in this posting.
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.