Junior Network Administrator
Are you ready to change the way small law firms work for the better?
At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms and individual lawyers manage and execute their work. As a team, we turn Smokeball into much more than just software – we turn it into a force that drives positive change in their business.
Client success for us, is a combination of a few factors. Successful Smokeball clients don’t just use the product but see value in how it helps them run their day and business. An important part of this is our content, which includes structuring matter types and providing/maintaining up-to-date automated court & authority legal forms to support our clients’ success.
Which is where you come in.
We are seeking a full-time Jr. Network Administrator to join the Client Software Support team at Smokeball.
The ideal candidate will have experience with setting up, maintaining, and supporting internal office desktop computers, local network infrastructure, and other IT needs. This position will also be responsible for client account set-up, adding and removing client users from the Smokeball software and deactivating clients from the Smokeball software as necessary. This position will also provide client software support by assisting clients via the phone and email as needed. This role is an in-house position Monday – Friday. Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
1. Smokeball Client Administrative functions:
- Responsible for Smokeball client account setup which includes but is not limited to setting up client account information, adding and removing users.
- Responsible for deactivating Smokeball client accounts at the end of their contract term.
- Assist the Software Support Team when needed which may include answering the Client Software Support phones.
- Willingness and ability to learn the Smokeball software.
2. Internal Network Administration functions:
- Provide technical support for all hardware and software for in-office and remote employees.
- Assist in managing network operations, including troubleshoot connectivity problems, activate/deactivate users, assign rights and access, reset passwords, assess, and report operational status, and perform backup and restore operations as necessary.
- Create and maintain user accounts in necessary systems.
- Assist with the purchase of all technology and IT equipment.
- Set up and maintain Smokeball team member’s workstations.
- Troubleshoot hardware, network, and software issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of IT technical documentation for all current systems, technology policies and standards, and adhere to related technology checklists.
- Identify technology gaps and propose new creative solutions.
- Plans, designs, and implements data connectivity for LAN working with subject matter expert(s) as needed.
- Assist in coordinating special projects to include but not limited to network related wiring plans.
- Set-up, configure, and support internal and/or external networks.
- Perform or assist with any other ad-hoc IT functions.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionate about learning and love helping people, we can’t wait to hear from you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience.
- B.S. in Computer Science from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem- solving skills.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical issues amongst team members of various technical skill levels.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work.
- Must be able to multi-task and work within deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional demeanor.
- A proactive nature, who looks to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them or solving them just to resolve an issue.
- Experience with the Legal Technology sector a plus.
- Desired but not required, Microsoft Certified Professional, CompTIA A+ certification, HDI – Desktop Support Technician Certification.
- Humility to ask questions, learn and improve.
- Be flexible and very comfortable with change.
- A Team player.
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- In what ways do you think Smokeball helps small law firms?
Our Legal Forms & Content Specialist position is a, full-time position. Smokeball is located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please submit a resume, cover letter, and answers to the questions listed in this posting here.Apply Now
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get A Free Demo
Ready to see what Smokeball can do for you?