Are you ready to change the way small law firms work for the better?
At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms and individual lawyers manage and execute their work. As a team, we turn Smokeball into much more than just software – we turn it into a force that drives positive change in their business.
Client success for us, is a combination of a few factors. Successful Smokeball clients don’t just use the product, but see value in how it helps them run their day and business. An important part of this is our content, which includes structuring matter types and providing/maintaining up-to-date automated court & authority legal forms to support our clients’ success.
Which is where you come in.
We are seeking a full-time Legal Forms & Content Specialist to join the Content team at Smokeball.
The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented, proactive, highly organized, Microsoft Word-loving team player, and should excel at creative thinking, research, and juggling multiple priorities. This role is client-facing, but also acts as a support resource for our Client Success Managers, Support, and Sales teams. This role is an in-house position Monday – Friday. Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
1. Document automation and maintenance
- Learn to convert documents from PDF to Word following our internal processes.
- Allocate conversion projects to and QA converted documents from third-party sources.
- Automate Court/Authority forms according to specifications.
- Review and analyze the above forms in terms of relevance, automation, and use.
- Maintain our library of Court/Authority forms and ensure their currency.
- Manage the automation workflow for client-requested forms assigned to you from start to finish.
- Visit and/or call clients to obtain their feedback regarding Smokeball’s Court/Authority forms.
- Utilize project management software (JIRA) to track document automation progress in the workflow.
- Research the parties, key dates, and important information that small Law firms need to enter into documents to run matters in different areas of law.
- Identify forms, from Courts/Authorities (i.e. state and Federal agencies, title companies, etc.) that need to be completed within these matters.
- Keep abreast of changes in the law which will impact Court/Authority Forms and matter types.
3. Analyze and create specifications
- Assess clients’ requests for changes to existing matter types (practice-area-specific screens) and requests for new matter types by researching the relevant areas of law and communicating potential changes with clients.
- Proactively research and identify ways to improve our existing matter types.
- Create detailed specification documents for our development team to add/update matter types.
- Establish and build positive relationships with Smokeball clients.
- Be a subject matter expert with Smokeball and its new features.
- Laugh and learn everyday with your Smokeball teammates.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionate about learning and love helping people, we can’t wait to hear from you.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- Experience using or exposure to one or more of the following document automation / assembly tools: Hot Docs, Active Docs, Exari, iManage, Pathagoras, Pro Docs, The Form Tool, The Form Builder
- Minimum of 1 or more years working in a Law Firm.
- Experience researching legal issues and preparing legal documents, including pleadings, letters, and Court/Authority forms.
- A Microsoft Word expert.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A professional demeanor.
- A proactive nature, who looks to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them, or solving them just to resolve an issue.
- Able to receive constructive feedback and apply both old and newly learned concepts to work product.
- A willingness to challenge the notion of “that’s just the way things are”.
- Humility to ask questions, learn and improve.
- Be flexible and very comfortable with change.
- A Team player.
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- What experience do you have automating legal documents or forms?
- In what ways do you think Smokeball helps small law firms?
- What do you love most about Microsoft Word?
- Which areas of law are you most familiar with?
Our Legal Forms & Content Specialist position is a, full-time position. Smokeball is located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions listed in the posting here.
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.