Looking for an opportunity to work with a growing legal software company?
Every day, small law firms struggle to meet the ever-increasing demands of clients resulting from inefficient, outdated systems and processes. Smokeball exists to solve this problem and empower small law firms to build a successful practice.
Our practice management software, which helps firms manage and execute their work, is a big part of this solution. Our team is just as big a part of the solution – we are dedicated to making Smokeball a force of positive change for our clients’ businesses each day.
Which is where you come in.
We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious Sales Development Representatives to join our team. Smokeball has quickly expanded into the Chicago market, selling to law firms between 2-15 employees, and now it’s time to expand our reach. With over 100,000 law firms across the US meeting these criteria, opportunity for growth and earning potential is unlimited.
If you have been eagerly waiting to join a fast-paced technology company and want to grow roots in an industry that offers boundless potential, Smokeball is the opportunity you’ve been after.
Your opportunity for growth has never been better.
The legal marketplace is one of the few remaining technology frontiers. Historically, small law firms have been slow to adopt technology and their options have been limited. At Smokeball, we have the unique opportunity to offer a solution that was built for their needs by a team that understands the operations and goals of small law firms everywhere.
If you are ready to take on an exciting new role, are passionate about technology and want to be part of the legal technology revolution, we can’t wait to hear from you.
What we expect from our Sales Development Representative:
We’re looking for a proactive, organized, relationship-minded person who will be responsible for lead generation/qualification as well as securing and scheduling sales demonstrations of Smokeball software with qualified prospects. This role is also responsible for contacting the appropriate law firms and people using a variety of tools as necessary, primarily using the phone and email. While we do provide ample marketing and events for lead generation, we want self-starters who are driven to help bring in new business for the Sales Team. Along the way, you will have the support of the Management Team and your and colleagues, all focused on enabling you to succeed and exceed our sales goals. Over the course of a week, your duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Meet and/or exceed daily call volume sixty (60) and forty (40) email contacts with the intent to qualify key leads and create pipeline for sales team.
- Prospect into targeted lists provided by marketing to develop new sales opportunities from fresh, cold, or inactive leads.
- Identify leads through prospecting qualified outbound and event leads.
- Track, follow-up, and achieve monthly quota for qualified opportunities.
- Report both qualitative and quantitative weekly results.
- Ability to accurately develop information on law firm contacts using web searches and social media.
- Establish and nurture healthy prospect relationships.
- Be responsive to the prospects’ needs and follow through on all aspects of requests, both written and verbal in a timely, professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding prospect information.
- Work closely with Sales Executives to define target clients and strategize to meet monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- Schedule new business software demonstrations with qualified leads primarily utilizing the telephone.
- Perform administrative follow-up tasks and activities.
- Provide feedback to management on progress and concerns.
- Proactively provide recommendations for improvements, to management.
- Work collaboratively with all team members but specifically with other SDR’s and Sales executives to cross-generate leads.
- Provides back-up support to team members as needed and requested by management.
- Maintains and expands knowledge with Smokeball software and readily shares knowledge with team members.
- Trains new SDR’s as requested by management.
- As requested by management attend events, such as trade shows and conferences, with other Sales and Marketing team members for both educational and client-acquisition purposes.
While law firm experience is not a requirement, being able to speak the language of small law firms is desired.
Please respond to the following questions:
1. In 25 words or less, explain why you are a good fit for this position?
2. What is your experience with making cold calls? Whether you have experience making cold calls, why do you feel you would be comfortable making cold calls?
3. Describe a favorite product that you use and why you use it, then explain why should someone that never used that product should start using it now?
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- In 25 words or less, why are you a good fit for this position?
- Describe the last product you sold to a client and how did it help improve that client’s process or business.
- Describe a favorite product that you use and why you use it, then explain why should someone that never used that product should start using it now.
- What is your favorite sales-related movie or movie scene?
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- 1-2 years of lead generation/appointment setting experience.
- Strong background in cold calling and prospecting.
- Prior experience with web-based CRM systems such as Salesforce.com.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A basic understanding of the law is a plus.
- A proactive nature, always looking to find solutions to problems.
- Patience and integrity approaching each situation and an unrelenting need to provide great client experiences.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work within a structured sales process.
- A team player, self-motivated, high energy, ability to cope with a growing/changing environment, fun yet professional.
What will Smokeball provide in return:
- Competitive compensation, base salary starting at $30k with uncapped commission.
- Medical, dental, vision, flex spending, short & long-term disability, basic life insurance, gym membership reimbursement, pre-tax flexible spending for medical and commuter costs.
- 15 vacation days, 6 sick days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time.
- Free monthly massages and in office yoga classes provided by licensed professionals.
- Free breakfast and snack items.
- A ping-pong table, pool table and basketball game.
- Company happy hours and events.
Our Business Development Representative position is a full-time position and is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with easy access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions listed in this posting.
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.