Looking for an opportunity to work with a growing legal software company?
Every day, small law firms struggle to meet the ever-increasing demands of clients resulting from inefficient, outdated systems and processes. Smokeball exists to solve this problem and empower small law firms to build a successful practice.
Our practice management software, which helps firms manage and execute their work, is a big part of this solution. Our team is just as big a part of the solution – we are dedicated to making Smokeball a force of positive change for our clients’ businesses each day.
Which is where you come in.
We are seeking highly motivated, ambitious Software Sales Executives that are looking to grow their career within the SaaS environment. Smokeball has quickly expanded in markets across the US, including Chicago, targeting law firms between 1-15 people. With over 100,000 small law firms in the US, opportunity for growth and a high earning potential is within reach for the right person.
If you have been searching for an opportunity with a fast-paced technology company, or if you want to grow roots in an industry that offers huge potential, Smokeball is just what you’ve been searching for.
What we expect from our Software Sales Executives:
Our Software Sales Executive positions are for hunters – high-volume prospecting, calling, and closing the sale are all a part of the daily activities. While we do provide ample marketing, event and lead opportunities, we look for closers who take it upon themselves to bring in business on their own through consistent targeted outreach. Along the way, you will have the support of your Manager, our Executive Team, and colleagues; training and sales resources are also provided on an on-going basis. Over the course of a week your responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Prospecting for potential law firm clients.
- Establish and build a positive relationship with prospects and clients.
- Cold calling leads and prospects to schedule demos of the Smokeball software.
- Conducting demonstrations of Smokeball to prospects online or at their law office.
- Closing new clients.
- Learning how to use the Smokeball software, and its new features as they are released.
- Attending industry events to promote and sell Smokeball such as Bar Association meetings or conferences.
- Laugh and learn everyday with your Smokeball teammates.
While law firm experience is not a requirement, familiarity with the legal industry and/or small business sales is highly preferred.
What we expect from all Smokeball Team Members:
Company culture is the single most important ingredient to our success at Smokeball. Our core values hang on our walls, are listed on our intranet and are discussed regularly. Our office thrives on positive feedback from our clients and team members alike and we really, really love small law firms. As a member of the team, it is expected that you will care for your colleagues and our clients from day one and that you will work hard to identify areas we can improve in both aspects. We expect open communication, an open mind and some ping-pong skills are a huge plus! You can learn more about Smokeball culture by logging on to our website at www.smokeball.com.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionately tech savvy and love helping people, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- In 25 words or less, why are you a good fit for this position?
- Describe the last product you sold to a client and how did it help improve that client’s process or business.
- Describe a favorite product that you use and why you use it, then explain why should someone that never used that product should start using it now.
- What is your favorite sales-related movie or movie scene?
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- 3+ years’ experience in software sales (small to mid-size businesses preferred).
- Experience in the legal industry or selling to law firms is a plus.
- Proven track record of goal achievement
- Impeccable time management skills
- Proven ability to sell a premium software product to clients that see the benefits behind purchasing Smokeball.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as it relates to technology.
- A proactive nature – you look to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them or solving them to complete a call.
- Patience and integrity approaching each situation with a fresh outlook and the clients’ success in mind.
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges that must be tackled in order for them to grow into the product.
- A team player, self-motivated, high energy, ability to cope with a growing/changing environment, fun yet professional.
What will Smokeball provide in return:
- Competitive compensation, with uncapped commission.
- Medical, dental, vision, flex spending, short & long-term disability, basic life insurance, 401k, gym membership reimbursement, pre-tax flexible spending for medical and commuter costs.
- 15 vacation days, 6 personal days, 10 paid holidays, birthday off, volunteer time.
- Free monthly massages provided by a licensed massage therapist.
- Free breakfast and snack items.
- A ping-pong table, pool table and basketball game.
- Company happy hours and events.
Our Software Sales Executive position is a full-time position and is located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Sales Executives compensation consists of a competitive base salary plus commission with a HIGH LEVEL of earning potential which could exceed $100k.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions listed in this posting.
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.