At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms manage and execute their work. We as a team, help turn Smokeball into much more than just software, and into a force that drives positive change in their business.
Client success for us, is a combination of a few factors. Successful Smokeball clients don’t just use the product, but see value in how it helps them run their day… and business. To accomplish this, we aim to provide quality content, educational resources, webinars and powerful marketing messages to engage and excite small law firms in Illinois, and nationally.
Which is where you come in.
We are seeking an experienced V.P. of Marketing.
The V.P. of Marketing is responsible for the strategy, tactics, and programs to create interest, demand, and name recognition for Smokeball. This position is also responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, training, and managing all marketing functions to achieve the company objectives of sales, growth, profits, and visibility while ensuring a consistent marketing message and positioning with the company direction. The V.P. of Marketing will be responsible for leading a team that will support Smokeball’s long-term goals and develop effective marketing campaigns as well as be a hands-on leader with a strategic and analytical background. All responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Smokeball core values, standards, policies, and procedures.
- Develop, manage, execute, and analyze integrated online/offline lead generation campaigns, including search engine marketing, email, social, content, tradeshows and events to generate demand and qualified sales leads.
- Oversee the creation of all marketing collateral, sales tools and digital assets.
- Develop positioning and messaging that differentiates Smokeball in the market and resonates with prospective clients.
- Build reports and dashboards to provide visibility into marketing campaign results and measure campaign effectiveness including marketing metrics, lead acquisition, opportunity stages, pipeline contribution, and ROI.
- Oversee marketing events, conferences and speaking engagements.
- Manage the marketing budget and lead planning, forecasting, and reporting efforts.
- Work cross-functionally to drive alignment and results on marketing initiatives and approaches.
- Engage, inspire, and galvanize the organization around the marketing vision; position strategies through effective internal communication campaigns so associates are clear in bringing them to life in their area of functional expertise.
- Maintain, develop, and collaborate with appropriate bar associations as well as key vendor partners.
- Source and coordinate the efforts of third-party vendors, creating, and managing budgets and ensuring that proposed creative concepts can be produced within specified timeframes and budget.
- Build, develop, coach, and motivate team members capable of carrying out marketing strategies as well as assign and monitor work, helping coordinate the team for successful delivery of work.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionately savvy about marketing online and off, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please respond to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Name one thing you would change about our website?
- Name two other software solutions a small law firm might use.
- Why you are interested in helping law firms adopt technology?
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- 10 + years of progressive marketing experience preferably in a technical environment.
- A BS degree/MBA preferred from an accredited college or university or equivalent applicable work experience.
- Strong SEO/SEM, content, display re-targeting and acquisition, social advertising channel knowledge – knowledge of best practices in each with ability to make them work together.
- Basis knowledge of HTML/CSS.
- Creative thinker and innovator with proven ability to lead teams.
- Managerial background encompassing team development, strategic thinker, product marketing, market analysis, market research and portfolio marketing and strategy.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced and at times rapidly changing environment.
- Highly energetic and self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our VP of Marketing position is a full-time position and is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions listed in this posting here.
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.