Automating your legal document creation and assembly is just the beginning of streamlining your law firm. Tools like Smokeball have an entire lineup of automation tools that help you automate time-tracking, billing, tasks, and much more. Automate your entire practice with the following tools.
Smokeball’s law office time-tracking software automatically and accurately tracks associates’ and other law firm staff’s entire day. Just imagine, associates accurately and automatically tracking each moment they spend on the matter without needing to manually enter their time into a system. Not only does this automatic time-tracking system make it easier for associates and staff to report their billable hours but it improves the accuracy of those hours. So much billable time is lost when associates and staff aren’t able to record time accurately and/or they underreport time spent on a matter simply because time-tracking isn’t automatic and they’re depending on their memory for billing. Because time-tracking is automatically captured in Smokeball, it is seamlessly integrated into the Smokeball billing system, allowing your law firm to quickly generate invoices without needing to wait for associates to manually update their hours. But the benefits of automatic and accurate time-tracking don’t end there; Smokeball offers easy to run profitability reports that will examine profitability per matter, per matter type, and per associate. Thus, even flat-fee and contingency firms can see great benefit from automatic time tracking. Here are some other benefits of automatic time tracking that every law firm should consider:
- The minutes add up. The time each associate and staff member spends manually recording time spent on a matter can add up to thousands of dollars each year. That’s money left on the table.
- Fewer client complaints. When lawyers don’t have to play guessing games with their time tracking, the time is more accurate which generates fewer billing disputes. Fewer billing disputes means happier clients and more money in the law firm coffers.
- It’s the future. There’s no stopping automatic time tracking; it’s the future. Any law firm that wants to maximize productivity and time-tracking accuracy will eventually integrate automatic time tracking into their business practices. If your law firm doesn’t adapt, the failure to change could be costly.
Smokeball’s automated time-tracking tools puts a lot of your law firm’s invoicing on auto-pilot. With Smokeball’s simple legal billing software, you can easily finalize invoices because associate hours per matter are already populated with details on what they did and how long it took them, along with the right billing codes. You can also send out bulk invoices, batch edit, and set up automatic billing reminders so that you help clients pay their invoices on time. Let’s take a look at a few more benefits of an automated billing system.
- Fewer mistakes. When an invoice is automatically generated because associate time is automatically tracked, there is less room for error.
- Fast payment. When you need to find time-tracking information or correct billing errors, payment gets delayed. With automatic time tracking and a streamlined billing process, you get invoices out faster, meaning money should come in faster.
- Productive staff. You can shift some staff time and resources away from the minutiae of billing and use them for more important matters.
Law Firm Insights
Want to get the inside scoop on what’s happing financially in the industry and specifically in your law firm? Smokeball’s Law Firm Insights offers real-time data on business trends and law firm profitability. Uncover the profitability of your law firm by matter, matter type, and individual employee. Getting your hands on data-driven insights about your firm, practice area, and the business of law in general, you can make informed decisions that will help your law firm thrive. And because many law firms don’t have an accurate, data-driven grasp on the profitability of their business or the trends in the field of law, leveraging law firm insights will give you a serious advantage over most competitors.
Tasks and Workflows
The work never ends in law firms but there is a way to organize your tasks and workflows so that the work you do is efficient and effective. Smokeball’s tasks and workflows tool helps to automate every aspect of your law firm processes. Create a master task list and assign tasks to specific employees. You can even set reminders for assigned tasks so that the people responsible for the work don’t forget. Use Smokeball to streamline processes so that the way things are done is uniform and more effective no matter who is completing a task in your law firm. Need to share information with an employee? When you assign a task to someone at your law firm using Smokeball’s tools, you can attach emails and documents so that they can find the right reference information in one place. You can even attach a document template to be automated with the press of a button! And because you can get an overview of all tasks assigned to anyone in your law firm, you can easily keep track of who is doing what and when. Let’s take a closer look at why organizing your tasks and workflows is critical:
- Fewer missed deadlines. When lawyers miss a deadline it can be costly for both the law firm and the client. Streamlined tasks and workflows means fewer deadlines will be missed because all relevant parties will receive reminders.
- Less confusion. When you begin working with more than just a handful of people, keeping on top of what is due and when is almost impossible. Using the right tools to organize tasks and workflows alleviates confusion and helps everyone understand the status of a matter and all its different parts.
- More efficient communication. Have you ever tried to follow an email thread with more than two people on it? It’s a nightmare. Using Smokeball’s task assignment feature, you can easily and transparently assign specific tasks to multiple people while letting everyone know about it. No more unwieldy email threads that no one can follow.
Law Firm Marketing
Smokeball knows that a law firm’s job doesn’t just end at serving the client; law firms must also raise brand awareness and always remain on the search for new clients. This is why Smokeball provides a free, modern, mobile-friendly law firm website with every practice management software subscription. Setting up the free website is simple, and hosting is free for subscribers. Because Smokeball is committed to helping you getting more clients, subscribers will have access to expert website help so that you can create an online image that captures the personality of your law firm. This is web design created specifically for law firms so that you spend less time creating an online presence and more time serving the clients you’ve attracted through that presence. If you build it they may not come unless you have a powerful marketing plan to let people know what you’re offering. Every law firm should leverage the power of online marketing to create a steady pipeline of potential clients. And be sure to brag about the consistent, efficient product you provide clients thanks to Smokeball!
By leveraging the power of automation, law firms can position themselves to win.