Looking for an opportunity to rapidly grow your career with an incredible team?
At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms manage and execute their work. We as a team, help turn Smokeball into much more than just software, and into a force that drives positive change in their business.
Client success for us, is a combination of a few factors. Successful Smokeball clients don’t just use the product, but see value in how it helps them run their day… and business. To accomplish this, we aim to provide quality content, educational resources, webinars and powerful marketing messages to engage and excite small law firms in Illinois, and nationally.
Which is where you come in.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Marketing Manager.
A proactive, organized, and creative self-starter, who will be a resource to our growing business. This is an in-office position, with standard hours Monday – Friday. Over the course of a week your duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Brainstorming new and creative growth strategies.
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Successfully plan and execute all SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Participate in ongoing effort to manage, grow, and maintain an increasingly segmentable marketing database.
- Oversee and manage third party contractors to include but not limited to content delivery.
- Regularly provide concise and accurate metrics to measure the success of marketing campaigns and individual tactics.
- Competently and thoroughly manage the marketing budget.
- Ensure that marketing systems/initiatives evolve to meet business needs.
- Collaborate on and contribute to marketing initiatives as needed.
- Laugh and learn every day with your Smokeball teammates.
While a degree is not a requirement, being able to speak the language of a small law firm is highly preferred. If you have personal, family or legal industry experience you’d like to reference please do so.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionately savvy about marketing online and off, we can’t wait to speak to you.
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Please describe your law firm or legal field experience.
- Name one thing you would change about our website?
- Name two other software solutions a small law firm might use.
- Why you are interested in helping law firms adopt technology?
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- BS in marketing, communications or related degree preferred but not required.
- 4 or more years’ experience with B2B, leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Creative with proven experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
- Tangible experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels.
- Experience with Pardot preferred, iContact, Email Vision, Silverpop, or other email marketing tools.
- Substantial experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools such as Google.
- Have previously used Webinar and screen-sharing tools, such as; GoToWebinar, Zoom, Clearslide, Google Hangouts or other.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as it relates to technology.
- Patience, and integrity approaching each situation with a fresh outlook and our organization’s reputation in mind.
- Ability to identify messaging needs and challenges that must be tackled in order for them to grow into the product.
- A proactive nature, who looks to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them, or solving them to complete a call.
- Metrics minded approach, together with the ability to notice patterns and areas of improvement (positive or negative.)
- A Team player.
Our Digital Marketing Manager position is a full-time position and is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and answers to the questions listed in the posting here.
Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer.
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.