We are seeking a Microsoft Word Expert with law firm experience who can serve as our Legal Forms & Content Specialist for our clients. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, organized, Word-loving team player. The role includes creating, maintaining and automating the legal forms and performing various tasks in our content building process. Our content team is an important support resource for our Client Success Consultants and Sales’ team, and the law firms we serve. This role is an in-house position with standard hours Monday – Friday.
Looking for an opportunity to rapidly grow your career with an incredible team?
At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms and individual lawyers manage and execute their work. We as a team, help turn Smokeball into much more than just software, and into a force that drives positive change in their business. Client success for us, is a combination of a few factors. Successful Smokeball clients don’t just use the product, but see value in how it helps them run their day… and business. An important part of this is our content which includes structuring matter types and providing up-to-date legal forms, documents and letters to support our clients’ success. Which is where you come in.
We are seeking a Microsoft Word Expert with law firm experience who can serve as our Legal Forms & Content Specialist for our clients
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, organized, Word-loving team player. The role includes creating, maintaining and automating the legal forms and performing various tasks in our content building process. Our content team is an important support resource for our Client Success Consultants and Sales’ team, and the law firms we serve. This role is an in-house position with standard hours Monday – Friday. Over the course of a week your duties could include, but are not limited to:
- The parties and important information that Small Law Firms need to enter into documents to run matters in different areas of law.
- Forms, letters and legal documents that need to be completed within these matters.
- Changes in the law which will impact Court/Authority Forms, publications and the workflow of these matters.
- Analyze and create specifications
- Analyze feedback from Clients and Consultants to refine existing, and set up new matter types.
- Create spec documents for development team to add/update matter types.
- Assess, respond to and complete content-related help desk items.
- Provide content support to our Client Consulting and Sales team.
- Establish and build positive relationships with every client.
- Document automation and maintenance
- Create and automate forms, letters and agreements, according to specifications.
- Review and analyze the above forms in terms of relevance, automation and use.
- Maintain our content library of forms and ensure their currency.
- Test and learn
- Test all of the above!
- Be a subject matter expert with Smokeball and its new features.
- Laugh and learn everyday with your Smokeball teammates.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionate about learning and love helping people, we can’t wait to speak to you.
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- What experience do you have automating legal documents or forms?
- In what ways do you think Smokeball helps small law firms?
- What do you love most about Microsoft Word?
- Which areas of law are you most familiar with?
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BE/HAVE:
- Experience using one or more of the following document automation/assembly tools: Hot Docs, Active Docs, Exari, iManage, Pathagoras, Pro Docs, The Form Tool, The Form Builder.
- Minimum of 3 years working in a Law Firm.
- Knowledge and understanding of key parties, processes and common documents used in one or two common areas of law such as Real Estate, Family, Litigation or Estate law.
- A Microsoft Word Expert.
- Experience using legal software and/or document automation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A proactive nature, who looks to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them, or solving them just to resolve an issue.
- Patience, empathy, and integrity approaching each situation with a fresh outlook and the client’s success in mind.
- Humility to ask questions, learn and improve.
- Be comfortable with flexibility and change.
- Ability to identify client needs and challenges that must be tackled in order for them to grow into the product.
- A Team player.
Our Legal Forms & Content Specialist position is a full-time position and is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions listed in this posting.
Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.