Looking for an opportunity to rapidly grow your career with an incredible team?
At Smokeball our first priority is the success of our employees and our clients. Smokeball itself is a productivity software made to help small law firms manage and execute their work. We as a team, translate the value and benefits that Smokeball brings into much more than just software, and into a force that motivates them to drive positive change in their business.
Success for us, is a combination of a few factors. Providing Sales with qualified and quality leads, which can only be produced by creating a clear, crisp and honest perception of Smokeball’s value proposition. Through digital, print and event advertising we can establish that first impression message, but the need for marketing doesn’t stop there. After the sale, we provide our Client Success Team with additional tools, whitepapers, and website properties to aid client adoption and engagement.
We are seeking an experienced Web Designer / Developer.
A proactive, and creative self-starter, who will be a resource to our growing marketing team. This is an in-office position, with standard hours Monday – Friday. Over the course of a week your duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Design & Build a new website – end to end
- Design mockups of website options, and review regularly with the team
- A/B Testing
- Support sales with new creative, whitepapers, landing pages, etc.
- Creating regular ads for various online campaigns
- Planning for and designing complimentary event materials for national conferences
- Learning how to use the Smokeball software, and its new features as they are released.
- Establish and build a positive relationship with our marketing partners and clients.
- Be a resource to your Smokeball team so that everyone can be productive in the field.
- Laugh and learn every day with your Smokeball teammates.
While a law degree is not required, being able to speak the language of a small law firm helps tremendously. If you have additional personal, family or have done creative work for someone in the legal industry experience you’d like to reference please do so.
If you are ready to take on this exciting new role, are passionately savvy about marketing online and off, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please respond with your answers to the following questions:
- Why are you a good fit for this position?
- Name one thing you would change about our website?
- What is your favorite design tool, and why?
- Why you are interested in creating marketing materials for small law firms?
- Please describe your law firm or legal industry experience.
- What is your favorite iOS or Android app and why?
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience designing and coding online marketing materials
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Familiarity with Salesforce, or other CRM.
- Experience using Hubspot, Pardot, iContact, Email Vision, Silverpop, or other email marketing tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially as it relates to technology.
- Patience, and integrity approaching each situation with a fresh outlook and our organization’s reputation in mind.
- Ability to identify messaging needs and challenges that must be tackled in order for them to grow into the product.
- A proactive nature, who looks to find solutions to problems instead of just reacting to them, or solving them to complete a call.
- Metrics minded approach, together with the ability to notice patterns and areas of improvement amongst clients (positive or negative.)
- A Team player.
Our Web Designer position is a full-time position and is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with convenient access to CTA and Metra stations. Smokeball offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, and answers to the questions listed in this posting and apply here.
Smokeball is an equal opportunity employer.
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity
Smokeball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Smokeball is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.