Last Updated: March 1, 2022
Personal Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We collect personal information you provide when you use our Services from one or more devices associated with you, or that you provide in any other way, including over the phone, by email or on paper. For example, we may collect your first name, last name, email address, phone number and details about your organization when you complete our online form requesting a demo of our software solution or sign up for our “Communicate” service. We may also collect additional personal information when you purchase a subscription to our software solution, sign up for a Smokeball-sponsored event or webinar, participate in our referral program, subscribe to our blog or other marketing communications, complete surveys, provide a testimonial or contact our support center representatives. When you use our “Communicate” service we may process information relating to your legal matter which may include sensitive personal information. We will not access or otherwise use your information provided through our “Communicate” service unless we are assisting you with technical issues or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Information from Other Sources
We may also collect personal information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may aggregate your personal information with information that you make publicly available on social media or third-party websites or that we receive from a third party via a referral to better market our Services to you.
Information Automatically Collected
When you visit our websites, we may automatically collect information about your visit, including pages you access, links you click and actions you take through the use of essential and non-essential cookies, web beacons, pixel tags and other tracking technologies (collectively, “cookies”). We may also collect certain information from your web browser, such as your device’s operating system, application software, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Internet Protocol (IP) address, MAC address, access times and the websites you visit after our website(s).
How We Use Your Personal Information
- Assist you to subscribe to our Services;
- Administer your account, including verifying your identity and analyzing your usage of the software;
- Provide the Services you request;
- Send you transaction information, including subscription confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide support services;
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Facilitate the provision of software updates and other services related to our mobile applications;
- Post testimonials (with your consent);
- Obtain your feedback to measure our performance and improve our Services and customer experience;
- Communicate with you about new promotions, rewards, upcoming events and webinars;
- Provide you with advertisements based on your interests;
- Provide you with an interactive social media experience that allows you to connect your social networking community to our websites; and
- Link or combine with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs, customize our offerings to those needs and provide you with better service.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information:
- With our third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to make our Services available to you;
- With our business partners to facilitate provision of our Services or for their own marketing purposes in compliance with applicable laws and subject to their separate privacy policies;
- In order to: (i) establish, exercise, or defend against legal claims; (ii) comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal processes, such as to respond to requests from government authorities; (iii) protect the rights and property of Smokeball, our agents, customers and others, including to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service; (iv) investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities or potential threats to the physical safety or well-being of any person; or (v) as otherwise permitted by applicable law; and
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
The cookies we use on our websites generally include:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: Cookies that are necessary in order to operate our websites, including to maintain the security of our websites. These cookies are erased when you close your browser.
- Analytical Cookies: Cookies that allow us to recognize and count the number of people who visit our websites and understand how these visitors navigate through our websites so that we can make improvements as needed. These cookies are erased when you close your browser.
- Functional Cookies: Cookies that improve the functional performance of our websites and make them easier for you to use by remembering your preferences. These cookies remain on your device after you close your browser and allow us to provide you with the same experience during your next visit to our websites.
- Targeting Cookies: Cookies placed by third parties that allow us to better understand how visitors interact with our websites and other websites so that we can deliver interest-based advertisements. These cookies remain on your device after you close your browser for us to use during your next visit to our websites.
Cookie and Marketing Choices
If you want to opt-out of interest-based advertising, you may do so by clicking here.
Please note this does not completely opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic advertisements. If you reside in Australia, we will not send you any marketing messages via email without your express or inferred consent.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Because uniform standards for “Do Not Track” have not been established, our websites are not currently configured to respond to these signals.
From time-to-time Smokeball may call or contact You about your account, or receive calls from you. Smokeball may record those calls and contacts, and store those records, and use or disclose them:
- for training and quality assurance purposes related to Smokeball’s staff; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, respond to requests from competent authorities and regulators, and protect and enforce our legal rights and interests, including the terms of any agreement we have with you.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take a number of organizational, technical and physical measures designed to protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no security safeguards are 100% secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
International Data Transfers
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have the right under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 to request information from us about how Smokeball may share certain personal information about you with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. If you would like to make such a request, please use the contact details below.
Your Australian Privacy Rights
If you reside in Australia, you may have the right to request access to your personal information held by us, request that it be corrected or make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, by contacting our Privacy Manager in writing at the address below. We may require you to verify your identity in order to handle your request.
If you make a complaint and we are unable to resolve it to your satisfaction, you may be able to submit your complaint directly to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Rights of EU Residents
Smokeball does not offer any products or services to individuals located in the European Union (EU). We may, however, process personal information of EU residents on behalf of our customers. If you are an EU resident and believe that Smokeball is processing your personal information on behalf of a customer, you should direct any inquiries regarding the processing of your personal information to that customer.
Changes to This Policy
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us at 1 855 668 3206. Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Manager, Smokeball, 200 W Adams Street, Suite 2700, Chicago IL 60606 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.