Your privacy is important to Smokeball. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Smokeball collects, and the ways in which Smokeball uses that personal information. Amendments to this statement will always be available at smokeballwp.wpengine.com/privacy and will be effective when posted.
Your personal information
At the time of registration with Smokeball you will be required to provide us with contact information (such as name, address, telephone or mobile phone numbers, email, firm name, firm size, areas of practice) and financial information (such as bank account or credit card number and expiry date). You will also select a username and password under which all details of your transactions with us will be kept.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we, our related bodies and our resellers can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us, our related bodies or our dealers to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please call 1855 668 3206 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Smokeball. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our resellers;
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- our authors and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Cookies on our website
Smokeball may use ‘cookies’ on its websites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our websites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Smokeball’s websites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Smokeball’s websites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Smokeball extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
Smokeball also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Smokeball collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact us on 1855 668 3206. Alternatively, you can write to our Privacy Manager, Smokeball , 200 W Adams Street, Suite 1450, Chicago IL 60606 or send an email to email@example.com.